Have you always wanted to run faster, but have trouble figuring out how to get there on your own? Do your goals need a burst of speed to make space for new Personal Bests in 2017? Are you interested in qualifying for the Boston Marathon? If so, join us for our #mondaycrew Summer Speed Training! We'll help you tackle the warmer weather and Summer Races while giving you expert and holistic coaching. This is a perfect program for anyone looking to gain speed and endurance for any distance.
- Start Date: May 15th, 7pm @ Location TBD - Goal Setting, Introductions & Time Trial
- Season Logistics: Monday night Speed workouts at the Track (Track options include UNC Track, McDougle Middle School, Duke Track, etc). Tempo Run Thursday mornings @ 6:00 am - Bean Traders parking lot.
- Goal Race: Participant Driven. We’ll do a couple of group races (5K/10K) over the course of the season.
- Cost: $150 with #mondaycrew Nike Singlet, $125 without.
The #mondaycrew Training Group started in 2014 as a training group for those looking to qualify or run the Boston Marathon. Our name comes from the camaraderie we've experienced in the intense Speed Workouts that are held on Monday nights as a nod to ‘Marathon Monday’. What started as a small group of 8 people has grown into a program we hold three seasons a year and has trained over 150 people. We like to focus our #mondaycrew seasons as listed below, but are more than happy to work with any distance, time or race goal:
- Winter/Spring - Marathon/Half Marathon/10 Mile Training (with emphasis on the Boston Marathon if you’re running).
- Summer - 10K/5K/Speed Training to help prepare for a fast Fall race, emphasis on Hot Weather Training.
- Fall - Marathon/Half Marathon/10K Training.
This is a coached, 10 week program designed to:
- Help you physically and mentally prepare to run a personal best in a Spring Half or Full Marathon
- Provide you with the training knowledge to become faster and stronger
- Build community and camaraderie to all participants who are looking to push their Marathon and Half Marathon training to the next level
- 10 – week training program lead by knowledgeable coaches, where you have the option to meet up to 3 times a week with your group
- One-on-one Goal-Setting with the Coaches
- Individualized week by week Training Plan
- Access to Coaches via email, phone, text outside of group training
- Monday Evening Speed group workout at a local track
- Additional/optional workouts during the week
- Thursday 6:00 am (Tempo workout, Bean Traders Parking Lot - access to Tobacco Trail)
- Emphasis on Strength/Hill Training to help make you a stronger runner on a hilly or flat course
- Weekly Email Correspondence with workouts, training tips, and special offers
- On-site physical therapists through partnerships with Balanced Movement Studio and ATI Physical Therapy in Carrboro and Pivot Physical Therapy in Durham
- Additional support through our Strength Training Partner at RunStrong Strength. You have the options to add personalized strength training sessions or strength train with the group. More details will be released once you register.
- *New* #mondaycrew logo gear!
- Post Program Celebration!
- Monday Evenings 7 pm – Local Track – Speed Workout
- Thursday 6:00 am (Tempo workout, Bean Traders parking lot)
- Depending on registration numbers we may open up an early morning Monday track workout
Proposed Race Schedule:
- Raleigh RunDown Downhill Mile - Friday, June 16th - Raleigh, NC Register Here
- Four on the Forth - Tuesday, July 4th - Carrboro, NC Register Here
- Beat the Heat 5K - Saturday, July 22nd - Winston-Salem, NC Register Here
- We will be working on getting discounted race entries!
May 15th, 2017
Monday Nights @ 7pm - Local Track TBD, Thursday mornings @ 6:00 am Bean Traders Parking Lot
Four on the Fourth
$150 including a Nike #mondaycrew Singlet or $125 without
Join us for our Summer Speed Series Training! We'll help you tackle your summer races while giving you expert and holistic coaching. This is a perfect program for anyone looking to gain speed and endurance for any distance.