Fleet Feet Carrboro and Durham are joining forces to get you off the roads and onto the trails throughout the year! The next trail program will be kicking off on November 18th, 2017 at 8 am (we've moved this up a week give you an extra week)! Need some extra inspiration? Check out the Little River Trail runs Facebook and Instagram pages!
The upcoming program is training for the Little River Trail Runs, and here are some details about the upcoming program:
- Meet at Carolina North Trails, parking lot by Seawell Elementary School for the first 3 weeks. We'll explore other local trails at Eno River State Park, Umstead State Park, Little River Park, and Duke Forest.
- Workouts are every Saturday 8:00 am
- Information session: November 16th, 2017 at Fleet Feet Carrboro at 6:30 pm.
- Training for 10 mile, 7K distances, and 13 Miles for the 13th annual the Little River Trail Runs!!
- Little River Trail Run is January 13th, 2018
- Cost: $100 for training program only, $132 for Training Program + Race Entry!
- Includes an online strength program built specifically for this program by Balanced Movement Studio.
We ask that everyone interested in participating in the program have a reasonable fitness base. Please be able to run/walk for at least 40 minutes upon starting the program. For any questions or concerns about your eligibility please submit a question here.
We're really excited to be teaming up with our friends at Balanced Movement Studio who've put together a great 8 week strength training program to compliment our running. They have developed an 8 week online video program designed for the Little River Trail Run.
Weekly Modules will be as follows:
Base Strength for Trail Running
Climbing the Hills
Descending Uneven Terrain
Following the Line of the Trail
Smooth Cornering and Changing Directions
Trail Cadence: Turnover, Clearing Roots and Rocks
Agility on Rough and Slick Terrain
Race Week Preparation - Putting It All Together
Each week will have 3 video components:
Exercise Routine Videos - demonstration and form cues of the week’s workout.
Exercise Objective and Rationale Videos - short summary video of us doing the workout and explaining how each exercise fits into desired running form.
Trail Running Focus for the Week - the what, how and why for the week, and how the exercises build into Trail Running skills.
There will be group discussion, question and answer, etc. available via closed Facebook group and email. Supplementary videos answering specific questions will be added as requested or needed. Balanced Movement will also lead two week night workouts for the group during the training program, as well as partner for a pre-race course tour. This is a $40 value included in the price of your registration!
November 18th, 2017
Saturday Mornings at 8 am
Little River Trail Runs
$100 for program only, $132 for program + race entry
Fleet Feet Carrboro and Durham are joining forces to get you off the roads and onto the trails throughout the year! The next trail program will be kicking off on November 25th, 2017. Register today!